Educationist, Art lovers and Social workers from Sawantwadi conceived
an idea of starting a College of Applied Art & Kala Prabodhini to
provide opportunities to the talented students of Konkan area to
obtain professional education in Applied Art.
Smt. Lalita Bandekar of the well
known family of Sawatwadi donated a prime land for the college
in memory of her late son, Balbhai Bandekar after whom the College is
The College is managed by
Foundation for Health, Education and Culture Activities, Banda
(Formely Dr. B. B. Gaitonde Charitable Trust in close collaboration
with Kala Prabhodhini Sindhudurga through a Governing Council) B. S.
Bandekar College of Fine Art (Applied) started operation in the campus
of Kalsulkar English School, Sawantwadi, in August 1998. At present College have own campus situated in near Forest Bhavan,
Salaiwada, Sawantwadi on 1080 sq meter.